|Beets/Green Beans Week 8|
You have probably wondered what happened to the garden?! I promise that it didn't completely get overtaken by weeds in the 3 weeks since I have written about it. Let's see:
1: We had the 4th of July and many, many family afternoons at the lake. Which means the garden was slightly neglected.
2: We purchased one of these cool bike thingies for Audrey and spent many an afternoon biking around town and on the rails to trails.
3. Hurricane Arthur blew through and dumped a ton of rain and debris on the garden. Luckily the plants made it through the hurricane ok they were half blown over and required some attention.
4. We had to kill one of the 9 meat birds early because she was not doing well (congestive heart failure). This made us feel weird and I didn't feel like posting.
And there are my excuses. Now back to the garden:
|This was last week: Week 7|
|Lettuce/Carrot/Potatoes Week 8|
|Corn Week 8|
|Pumpkins Week 8|
|Onions/Garlic Week 8|
What to do this next week:
* harvest beans (they are so close!)
* process beans with the food saver or by canning
* harvest garlic scapes to make scape pesto. Freeze said pesto for delicious winter treat.
* rip up the peas because they are dumb and didn't grow well.
* hill the potatoes with dirt or straw
* thin carrots and pickle the extra
* eat more lettuce!
I think that is more than enough to keep me busy!
have a wonderful weekend; we are off to the lake!
*ps. has anyone heard Weird Al's new song about grammar? Couldn't help but feel he was singing about my blog. Nonetheless gotta love some Weird Al.